We are looking for one exceptional candidate to join us each summer. Our hope is that person will join us through their Articles, become an associate and one day our partner.
That person will:
- Share our values.
- Have achieved academic success that demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
- Be personable and professional.
We adhere to the Vancouver Bar Association recruitment guidelines and timelines for hiring. Applications should include a brief cover letter, a resume and copies of both undergraduate and law school transcripts in a single PDF file, sent to the attention of Lauren Klein, Operations Manager, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through Allard Careers and Events (ACE). Reference letters are welcomed but not necessary.
Our Student Program
During your summer with us, you will be supported by a mentor, who will be responsible for ensuring you receive appropriate training and feedback, and that you are involved in a broad range of interesting and challenging work.
- Actively participate in at least one transaction in our core practice areas, ideally from beginning to end.
- Attend in-house lunch and learns on topics relevant to our lawyers.
- Work closely with both our associates and our partners.
- Meet our clients.
- Be equipped with innovative technology.
- Have fun! We host occasional in-house socials and one or two external social functions each summer.
We offer our students and associates compensation at the top of the Vancouver market. In addition, we contribute $6,500 towards 3rd year tuition to students who return for Articles.
Why DuMoulin Black?
We offer quality of work and compensation consistent with that of the large Vancouver firms, but in a small firm environment, without the pressure of billable targets.
DuMoulin Black LLP is a Vancouver-based and internationally recognized law firm focused exclusively on corporate and securities law matters in a variety of different industries. Within our core practice areas we have special expertise in:
- Corporate Finance and Securities
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Proxy Contests
- Corporate Governance
- Public Company Representation
- Venture and Private Company Representation